Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Mummy guilt

Michael couldn't wait to get back to school today. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that he enjoys school and that he has a lovely time whilst he's there, and that he's settled etc. He has just had 4 days off school, he was off Friday becasue of the snow, and then again yesterday, (Monday) because of an occasional day, which upset his routine especially as all the others were in school or playgroup. I do realise that he gets so much out of being in school, especially the 1-2 attention, they do so much with the kids to fill their days.

This morning he was intergrated into a class within the main body of the school, the class he will probably join full-time sometime between now and September, and then this afternoon apparently they have been painting butterflies. He got home from school and told me all about it. Which is wonderful but makes me think that perhaps he is bored at home, and that I am not able to do enough to keep him occupied.....ok I confess, mummy-guilt!

No comments: