Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Stress Levels

I have been scouring the net to see if I could find something to link into my blog that would allow me to describe my stress level with each post. I can't find anything so I'm going to have to make one up.

Stress level right now on a scale of 1-10: 100

Why am I stressed???

Pass, I wish I knew, it might have something to do with the fact that the kids played up at bed-time. I got Michael bathed, no problem, got him out of the bath, and two horns and a tail appeared.
He wanted to go to the loo, I'm sure that kid thinks I'm silly, he knew as well as I did he didn't want to go to the toilet, he wanted to get back into the bath. So whilst I'm trying to dry him off, he is screaming and creating and telling me that his name is fred*

Michael then starts fighting me, and once I'd lost my grip that was it, he started throwing himself against the wardrobes, shouting "My name Fred"*

I have to confess I do find these sessions extremely difficult to manage, I don't know how to deal with him. I was very firm in telling him his name was Michael, but I think he know's it winds me up, so he does it all the more.

I struggle in knowing how to get him to listen to me, as he was creating tonight he was watching himself in the full length mirror on the wardrobe doors - who needs an audiance when you have yourself??

How do you negotiate, communicate, with a child who knows nothing but their own rage and their own feelings??

He is now snoring, and I am stressed!

*name changed to protect the innocent!

No comments: