Monday, July 18, 2005

Music

It's funny how music can mean so many different things to different people. I've added a video of Rob Thomas, "don't wanna be lonely anymore" to the blog, if you don't like it you can always switch it off. Please feel free too.

I bought the album at the weekend, I've heard the song on the radio in the car a few times, I have to say I fell in love!! Ok so I know absolutly nothing about this guy, where he's come from, what he was doing previously etc. But I love this song!!

Ok, so back to the point of this post...the song...listen to it, yes it's about relationships, but in my twisted little world, I can relate to so much of it, in our experience of raising Michael. Ok so now you all know, I've well and truly fallen off the planet!!

So which bits do I mean! Please let me explain!!

"Now it seems to me
that you know just what to say
but words are only words
can you show me something else,
can you swear to me
that you'll always be this way
show me how you feel
more than ever,

i don't wanna be lonely no more
i don't wanna have to pay for this
(*i don't wanna another 'Dr' at my door*)
its just another heartache on my list,
i don't wanna be angry no more
but you know i could never stand for this.
I don't wanna be lonely no more"

*not the right words - but catch my drift!!!

I think anyone who reads this, or know's me, or has visited Michael's website will know that we didn't have a good time of it through NICU etc. and you'll know how we ended up feeling let down and to a certain extent I feel lied to...so maybe the words should go more like this!!

Now it seems to me
that you know just what to say
but words are only words,
can you show me something else
can you swear to me
that he won't always be this way,
tell me what you mean

i don't wanna be lonely no more
i don't wanna have to pay for this
i don't want another professional at my door
it's just another heartache on my list
i don't wanna be angry no more
but I know I can't stand for this
so when you tell me that you can help me
know for sure.

Ok so singer song writer I am not and sometimes I just wish I could express how things really are, like the Holland Schmolland post!!

I would love to be able to create something like that!

No comments: