Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On the mend & Spitting

Michael is feeling better, he has developed that mischevious look upon his face when he is doing something that he knows he shouldn't be doing, and yes he does know it's naughty, but he doesn't seem to care. He stands and laughs at you.

I don't know about you but the one thing I find really, really difficult to deal with is a child who laughs in my face, when I'm telling him off, trying to prevent him from burning himself on the cooker, or asking him to stay out of the fridge.

If you move him and tell him off, he will send you to your room, tell you your naughty, and then carry on regardless, then he will go into an almighty screaming session and eventually will start spitting.

I find this really difficult to know how to deal with, ok you want to have a temper, have a temper, get on with it, come see me when it's over.........but the spitting, he is a good shot too, and if he can't get to us as adults he will then turn it in on the others.

We got ourselves into a vicious circle, the more we tell him no, the more he spits, so we tend to ignore him, unfortunatly the little ones can't do that..........so we usually end up removing Michael and putting him elsewhere.

Thing is he is getting too big for me to lift, and carry kicking and screaming up the stairs.

Any ideas on how to deal with this????

No comments: