Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Princess and the Pea

Remember the story of the princess and the pea??? If she is a real princess, she'll feel the pea under the matress. Maybe my son is a prince, and can taste the strawberry hidden in his drink.

I bought Omega 3 fish oils for J. in the hope that this would help improve his memory and his concentration. It's strawberry flavour, and he really doesn't like strawberry. So I mixed it in with his banana milkshake this morning. 5mls of fish oil in a tablespoon of milk-shake mix, and a beaker of milk, making sure he couldn't see what I was doing.

I handed it over to J. who lifts the cup to his mouth and says "Mummy, I can smell strawberry" followed by "It tastes funny, it tastes of strawberry"

So having been given it to try, I did, I couldn't taste it nor could I smell it. Boy does someone have good tastebuds and a sense of smell!!

No comments: