Sunday, February 27, 2005

Planet Autism

I'm wandering around the web, when I stumbled across a link to the following article called "Planet Autism."

The Link states that the article will never be published because it is too graphic, on the whole for mainstream tastes. Those who really don't want to know what it's like to live with Autism.

I could have written some of this, my son is 5 the young person with Autism in this piece is 15 and female, so we have some slightly different issues. Michael hasn't yet hit puberty. In the last 6 months we cracked the toileting issues. But believe me when I say we have been here.

I will say the first section of this piece is hard hitting a deals with smearing etc, but I have to say if you want to know what it's really like, this is well worth a read.

Planet Autism

No comments: