Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Rain Man

We watched Rain Man tonight. I remember seeing this film when it first came out, and I loved it, although I never dreamed at the time that I would end up as the mother of an Autistic Child.

DH has never seen this film, and as we were watching it tonight he admitted to having enjoyed the film, but I think he found it difficult knowing that we have our very own Rain Man upstairs sleeping. The thoughts of having to deal with the tantrums when he is a 30 year old man is a very scary thought indeed.

I love the underwear scene in the film, click here. I have to admit, when I was watching this scene tonight I really couldn't help but laugh hysterically, at the repetativeness of Raymonds distress over where he buys his underwear from.

The frustration of Tom Cruise, is frustration I know so well, I can relate so well to the whole feeling of not being listened too, of not understanding why, and how to deal with what is going on around you. The need to make yourself understood, why is this important??? why are you stressing???? why can't I help you???

And Finally getting to the stage where you want to say "Be quiet and stop your noise!"

Of course we don't have these discussions over underwear just yet!
For Clips from the rest of the film click here

No comments: