Sunday, January 29, 2006

Exhausted

I just feel so physically and emotionally exhausted today, it has been a long week, and one of those weeks that I am so pleased to see the back of.

I have a feeling that it is going to be a very long couple of months, we now have to sit and wait for Michael's appointment for surgery, an appointment for a CT, and then we have to wait whilst the NHS argues over where we go for our ENT appointment.

Why can't it ever be as simple as - this child needs this doing so we'll do it. Why does it always come down to money?? Why yes my head is firmly planted in cloud-cuckoo-land!

The problem that we have is, our local hospital I have zero faith in, and I try to avoid it at all costs, no-one there is prepared to take responsibility for Michael, because he has a Resp, so when I try to discuss things with his Paed there, we get talk to his resp.

His Resp works in a different Health Authority, his hands are tied, because we don't live in that area. Its not that he's being difficult, it's just that he can't do it, the hospital and red tape will not allow it.

I may be looking at this from a very simple point of view, but to me, if the Paed is saying I think you should be doing this, because its best if it all happens in the same place, then the Health Authority that we live in should be paying for x & y, wherever is the best place for x & y to happen.

Who is it that suffers in all this???

No comments: