Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Year

So one of my resolutions for this year has to be to try to keep this up on a daily basis. I admit that hasn't been that easy just recently, and it's not because I haven't had anything to write about, I have. I just don't seem to have found the time....that and a fair amount of reflection on if I wanted to continue with this or not.

I don't think I shared this, but I managed to get a few days away in Rome, back in November, and can I say it seems like a million years ago now!! But it was wonderful, Rome is the most amazing place, my friend and I stayed in a hotel close to the Spanish Steps, so most of central Rome was within walking distance, the Colosseum was 20 mins away.

I have to say that there is something incredibly moving about the Colosseum, knowing what occured in that arena one of the first things you see is this:-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

a wooden cross....
Rome is the most amazing place, and I wish we'd had more time than the two days we managed, I would love to have stayed longer.
If you ever go to Rome, you have to try the Ice-Cream it is amazing!!!! Am busy trying to work out where to go to next, do I go back to Rome or try somewhere else in Italy!!

No comments: